Grape Vineyard Table Setting
(Per place setting)
Fabric Etching instructions:
- #12-7018 Rub N Etch Stencils Grape Accents
- #60-7024 1 Clear glass plate
- Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #08-9415 Masking tape
- #08-9999 Plastic or rubber gloves
- #15-0315 Glass Cleaner
- 1 Cream colored linen place mat (small weave)
- 1 Lt Olive green linen napkin (small weave)
- 1 Wine glass or goblet
- Fabric Puff paints (ex: Tulip colorpoint)-Wine, Med Olive green, Brown
- Hair dryer
- Small round artists paint brush
- Small paper plate
- Paper towels
- Purchased Decorative Napkin ring (or craft beaded grapes on a wire, wrapped on plain ring)
- Optional- Dark green charger plate
- Optional- Clear glass coffee mug, water glass, cordial glass or votive (for spare grape stencil)
Before starting, wash all fabric pieces, dry & press with an iron using NO STARCH! Work with only one stencil from beginning to end, at a time.
Cut out stencil pieces:
4 Straight Borders & 4 corners per place mat
1 Large Grape cluster for napkin
- On a hard, smooth surface, tape down stencil with a couple of pieces of masking tape.
- Using craft stick from stencil package, rub stencil down until blue resist transfers to fabric. View the directions and How To Videos. After entire stencil has transferred, check to see if it's bonded to fabric, if it isn't, lay frosted paper from package over design and rub with stick until it sticks to fabric.
- Squeeze a small amount of fabric paint onto paper plate of each color. Apply a MINIMAL amount of paint to open areas of stencil, try not to get much on blue resist. Wipe away any excess paint from the resist with the paintbrush. Apply green to leaves, wine to the grapes, and med brown to the stems & coils.
- Set hair dryer on medium to high heat with low air volume. Blow over stencil until paint is barely dry.
- Using strips of masking tape, apply tape sticky side down, on top of stencil and lift off all blue stencil material. Tight small areas may have to be gone over several times. Rub over tape with your thumbnail to help ?É¬¢?¢Ôø?¬¨?Ø¬ø¬?catch" resist onto sticky part of tape.
- When all blue resist is removed, use hairdryer on same settings over painted design until paint is dry and ?É¬¢?¢Ôø?¬¨?Ø¬ø¬?Puffs". The heat will make the paint's color & texture change slightly, so you'll be able to tell when it done.
- It is recommended to let paint cure about 1 week before attempting the first washing.
Finishing Place Setting:
- Use 1 large grape cluster for the clear plate and one for the wine glass.
- Apply & etch grapes onto glassware according to package directions.
- You can use the last grape cluster stencil to add a clear glass coffee mug, water glass, cordial glass or candle votive to your place setting.
- You can add drama to your place setting with an optional dark colored charger plate (as shown), dark colors enhances the visibility of the design on the clear plate.
- Fold a napkin into attractive shape, and hold in place with a purchased decorative matching napkin ring or make your own! Wrap the wire stem of a beaded grape cluster around plain napkin ring and slip over back end of napkin, as shown in our picture.
Article Posted: 03/29/2018 03:07:41 PM