Create a choreographed collective of holiday cheer with this Christmas Kaleidoscope design with a collection of our holiday Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Repurpose an old favorite or upcycle a flea market find into a festive vessel for seasonal serving. We upcycled a cake plate here but this design would be spectacular on any platter, bowl or plate. Don't let the complicated look fool you, this is easy peasy to create!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
- #21-1659 HOLIDAY BAUBLES (2)
- #21-1689 COOKIES FOR SANTA.
- #21-1611 CHRISTMAS.
- #21-1655 CHRISTMAS 2.
- Glass Pedestal Cake Plate
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, on the back, draw 2 intersecting centerlines to divide the glass into 4 equal parts. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Turn the cake plate over and place the large poinsettia in the center where all the lines intersect.
- Along each centerline, as close to the poinsettia as possible, place a gingerbread man with a tree above him. Position opposite angels or reindeer on either side of the centerline above the tree. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the cake plate.Repeat this process to complete this design along each centerline.
- Between each gingerbread man position the holly stencil with a dove and jingle bell stencil directly above it. On either side of the dove, place a small snowflake. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the plate. Repeat this process to etch these into each space between the trees.
- Above the small snowflakes, alternate a Christmas ball and pointesttia, a bow and stocking, ice skates and candy cane, and a candle and poinsettia. Place each combo opposite itself on the glass. Use the cream again to etch these onto the glass.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 05:02:02 PM