Criss Cross Christmas
Santa and reindeer share the spotlight in this interlacing dance of holiday cheer! Chriss cross Christmas spirit onto something old or new with a collection of our holiday themed Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Seasonal sensations are sleigh ride easy and bring special sparkle to the tablescape.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
- #21-1689 Over N Over Stencil- COOKIES FOR SANTA
- #21-1628 Over N Over Stencil-CHRISTMAS BORDER
- #21-1659 Over N Over Stencil-HOLIDAY BAUBLES Stencil
- 9 inch Round Vase/ Serving Bowl
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, draw 2 opposing centerlines on the inside of the bowl to divide the bowl into 4 equal quarters. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. On the outside of the bowl, place a Santa stencil along a center line in the middle of the bowl and a reindeer along a centerline to the right or left of the Santa. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass. Repeat this process to place the second Santa and reindeer on the remaining centerlines.
- With a ruler or tape measure, mark the center between the reindeer stencils and the Santa stencils on the inside of the bowl. Draw a line on these marks from the top of the glass to the bottom. Place one border stencil from the reindeer to the top of the centerline you just drew. Place another from the reindeer to the bottom of the centerline. Repeat this on the other side of the reindeer. Do the same on both sides of the Santas. Cover any border stencil that overlaps into each other, a reindeer or Santa securely with masking tape.
- You should now have open diamond shapes made by the border stencils. Place a reindeer or a Santa sleigh in the center of each space in the border diamond. If stencils protrude into each other design, you can trim with a scissor or etch them individually, one at a time. Etching one at a time is the preferred method over extensive cutting. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the bowl.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:33:46 PM