Dionysian Dream Vase
Turn all those leftover vases into vessels fit for the Gods! Grapes and lines create a classic look that fits into any decor. Revamp and revitalize those closet vases into repurposed works of art with the Wine Time Over N Over Glass Etching Cream.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1652 Over N Over Stencil-WINE TIME
- #25-4100 Pinstripe Border
- Curvy Blue Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Draw an upside down teardrop. Begin by drawing a top curve that arches under the lip of the vase like an umbrella. Continue the line on both sides to a central bottom point. Run a piece of pinstripe tape along the inside edge of the drawn line. Repeat this process 3 more times until the vase has 4 teardrops. Carefully wipe off the drawn lines.
- From the bottom point to the point where the sides of the teardrops touch, lay a piece of pinstripe tape parallel to the first with a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between. Repeat this all the way round the bottom of the vase. Do the same for the top of the teardrop.
- Randomly place grape stencils inside a teardrop. Stencils can come up to the edge of the teardrop but not over in this stage. Cover all exposed areas inside the teardrop securely with masking tape. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the stencils in the teardrop and the exposed areas between the pinstripe around the bottom of the vase.
- Continue adding and etching grapes and vines into the teardrop until it is full. Cover any overlapping parts securely with masking tape. Repeat this process with the remaining 3 teardrops.
- After completing the bottom of the vase, place grape and vine stencils around the area above the neck. Use the cream, as before, to etch the design onto the vase.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 05:09:13 PM