Pet Memory Catcher
One of the saddest experiences in life is the passing of a beloved pet. Help heal a broken heart with a beautiful memento of a treasured friend with our PAWS Over N Over Glass Etching stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. We used a 5 inch hexagon for this design but any one of our shapes would work.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1663 Over N Over stencil- PAWS
- #21-1645 Over N Over stencil-REVERSE MR. & MRS.
- #21-1650 Over N Over stencil- HAPPILY EVER AFTER
- #29-2472 Over N Over stencil- THICK BEVEL HEXAGON
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, begin with the bone as low on the hexagon as possible. Place the letters for the name you want in the bone beginning with those in the middle and working outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the bone onto the glass.
- Turn the glass over and look through the back. Use the hover and press method to place the dog or cat stencil on one side, just above the bone. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the dog or cat onto the glass
- Turn the glass over and look through the back. Use the hover and press method to place the cross in the space next to the dog or cat and above the bone. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the cross onto the glass.
Article Posted: 06/24/2019 09:02:23 AM