This graceful dancer frolics among garlands of fresh blossoms in a celebration of spring. Use this design to celebrate the dancer in your life, the love of the art, springtime, or all of the above! Enchanting design is easy with a daisy chain of Fairy Tales and Flowers Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. We upcycled a beautiful old gold rimmed wine glass for this design but you can use any etchable glass piece you wish.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1676 Over N Over Stencil-FAIRY TALES
- #21-1603 Over N Over Stencil- FLOWER BORDER
- Gold Rimmed Wine Glass
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the dancer in the center. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch her onto the glass.
- Looking through the back, lay a floral border stencil on an angle, over the middle of the dancer. Repeat this with another floral border on either side of the first one.
- Use masking tape to cover all parts of the border stencils that are over the dancer and press down securely. Use the etching cream as before to etch the flowers onto the glass.
- Repeat the process of adding and etching with cream until all the desired floral chains have been added to the glass.
Article Posted: 09/17/2019 01:10:54 PM