Create a whole harvest of seasonal style with the Giving Thanks Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.This three piece holiday service set is something to be thankful for! So versatile and easy to make, this ensemble is party perfect as a service set or a table setting. Fill the bowl with ice or a flameless candle to create a tiered treasure or dip for a chip & dip with one of the plates. This collection can be used as a beautiful table setting with a soup bowl, dinner and salad plates.
- #15-0200 ARmour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1653 Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil-GIVING THANKS (2x)
- #30-2370 3.5 inch Roman Urn Bowl
- #60-7023 7.5 inch Round Plate
- #60-7024 10.5 inch Round Plate
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- For the bowl- After preparing the glass, place the cornucopia stencil low on the side of the urn bowl with the pumpkin stencil next to it. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the bowl then repeat it on the other side.
- For the small plate-After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the plate. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Turn the plate so the line is horizontal and draw another centerline vertically on the back. This will divide the plate into 4 equal parts. Turn the dish over.
- The plates are designed in opposites. Place a turkey on the outer edge of the plate with a centerline running down the middle from top to bottom. Place another turkey on the opposite end of that centerline on the outer edge. Do the same with the cornucopia on either end of the unused centerline. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Place a pumpkin along the outer edge of the plate between the cornucopia and the turkey. Do the same with a pumpkin in opposite location on the plate. Place pie stencils in the remaining empty spots along the edge of the plate. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the plate.
- For the large plate- using the same technique as the small plate, after drawing the lines on the back, begin with a turkey on the ends of one line and the word thanks on the other. Place a corn on one side of the turkey and a hat on the other. Switch the order of hat and corn for the other turkey. Use the etching cream to etch these onto the plate.
- Looking through the back of the plate, fit the cornucopia on on side of the thanks and a pie on the other. Switch the order of pie and cornucopia for the other thanks. Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the plate.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:31:36 PM