Patriotic Checkerboard Set
Add some fun to your holiday celebration with this red, white and blue, star studded checkerboard. It's all fun and games in crafting when you combine our Glass Etching Stencils with some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Holiday themed game boards are a fun and festive addition to your gatherings and gift giving. Use a previously decorated picture frame or decorate one yourself to suit the occasion. Mix and match frame and stencil designs in unique ways to create unexpected game board creations. Try a bark frame with bug or flower stencils, a honeycomb style frame with bee stencils or a beach frame with ocean themed stencils. Etch some glass pebbles for matching game pieces.
- #21-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #31-0401 Beige Masking Vinyl
- Square, Decorated Frame with Glass or Mirror
- This Reverse Star Stencil is DISCONTINUED
- Suggested Replacement
- #20-0402 Rub N Etch Stencil-STARS (x3)
- or Cut Stars From Blank Material
- #21-1600 Blank Over N Over Material
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- Please Note: The stars used for the etched squares are DISCONTINUED. The suggested replacement stars are for use in the Clear squares. There are no star stencils that can be used in the etched squares at this time. Stars can be cut from our blank material for use in the etched squares.
- Remove the glass or mirror from the frame and prepare the surface. Cut a piece of vinyl to cover the entire surface of the glass with an extra 1 inch around all sides. Peel the backing, place and smooth out the vinyl onto the surface and wrap the extra around the sides.
- Place the frame over the wrapped glass and trace the inside edge of the frame onto the vinyl. Remove the frame. With a ruler and marker, divide the inside of the drawn box into equal squares. Cut out every other square to make a checkerboard pattern on the glass.
- Smooth and secure the remaining vinyl squares to prevent any of the etching cream from getting underneath. If you are using stars you cut from the blank material, place them in the open squares now and press down firmly. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the squares onto the glass.
- If you already used your own stars in the etched squares, skip this step. Follow the Rub N Etch directions to place a star stencil in every clear square. Us the etching cream, as before, to etch the stars into the squares.
- After cleaning, return the glass or mirror to the decorated frame.
Article Posted: 01/03/2018 01:57:51 PM