Have your holiday cake and design style too with this USA serving plate. Make one for the cake and six smaller ones to eat it on, Customize some matching bowls for the ice cream. Spread some spirit for your national holidays with the God Bless America and Stars Rub-N-Etch Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
PLEASE NOTE: The supplies list has been modified since this project was made. The stencil sheet that made up the word USA on this project is no longer available. We have a suggested font stencil listed.
- #15-200 Armour Etch Cream
- #60-7024 10 inch Round Plate
- #20-0436 Rub N Etch Stencil-GOD BLESS AMERICA
- #20-0402 Rub N Etch Stencil-STARS
- USA on glass DISCONTINUED. Western Font SUGGESTED
- #21-1643 Over N Over Stencil-WESTERN FONT
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Turn the plate so the line is horizontal and make another centerline to divide the plate into 4 equal parts.
- On the front of the plate, follow the Rub N Etch directions to place the America image in the center of the plate. Rub a large star up near the brim centered between the centerlines. Repeat that in each quarter of the plate. Place the S of USA on a centerline up near the brim, followed by the other letters. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the plate.
- Rub 2 smaller stars on either side of the large stars and another USA on a centerline . Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the plate. Repeat the process to etch the remaining USA letters on the rim.
Article Posted: 02/15/2018 02:26:15 PM