Photo Snow Globe
Get ready to shake things up this winter with custom etched, flat glass, photo snow globes! You’ll have a ball with the Ugly Sweaters and Holiday Baubles Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil sheets and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Thick, flat trophy glass means no water worries with these globes! Since the photo is gently attached on the back of the glass, it can easily be updated year after year. Flat glass snow globes make magical keepsake gifts for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays and more.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1699 Over N Over Stencil- UGLY SWEATERS
- 21-1659 Over N Over Stencil- HOLIDAY BAUBLES
- Round Glass Trophy
- White Glitter or Sparkles
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- Using a scissor or hobby knife, cut around the head of the person and set aside. After preparing the glass, position the head near the top of the glass and trace around it with a china pencil.
- Place the sweater form centered under the head outline. Place the desired design elements into the sweater form and press down firmly. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the sweater onto the glass.
- Position the snowflakes around the sweater and outline of the head. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch the snowflakes onto the glass.
- For this project, the etched side is the back of the circle. This will make the design appear to be in the snow globe. On the base under the unetched side of the glass, place the letters for the desired name. Begin with those in the middle of the nameand work outwards. Press them down firmly. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. The flat part of the base where the letters are will get the etching cream.
- Use a piece of clear tape from the top of the globe to position the head over the sweater on the etched side of the glass. With a cotton swab, rub the edges of the head with clear drying, photo safe glue and then press it onto the glass.
- On the etched side of the glass, use a cotton swab to rub glue under the sweater in the shape of a snow drift. Pour the glitter onto the glue and gently press down to secure it into the glue.
Article Posted: 10/04/2021 06:17:02 AM