Vintage Cow Bell and Pig Ball Ornaments
What do you get when you pop a pig into a Christmas ball or heard a cow into a holiday bell? These adorable ornaments! Get fancy on the farm with the Christmas 2 and Farm Friends Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils, some Glass Ornament Shapes and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Use this etching technique to give all your favorite farm friends an elegant upgrade with a vintage Victorian spin.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 29-2609 Ornament Glass Shape
- 21-1680 Over N Over Stencil- FARM FRIENDS
- 21-1655 Over N Over Stencil- CHRISTMAS 2
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders. The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, use the hover and press method to position the top piece of the stencil ornament near the top of the glass ornament. See the hover and press tutorial if necessary.
- Securely cover all parts of the glass and stencil except the top part of the ornament stencil. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch that part onto the glass.
- Hover and press again to center the farm animal under the ornament top already on the glass. Securely cover all glass and stencil areas except the farm animal. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the animal onto the ornament.
- Hover and press to center the bottom piece of the stencil ornament under the animal on the glass. Securely cover all parts of the glass and stencil except the bottom part of the ornament stencil. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch that part onto the glass.
Article Posted: 12/15/2021 03:54:10 PM