All American Dad
Make this star spangled, all American celebration plate for Dad with the Patriotic Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Change Dad to Mom and make one for her too. Use all 9 of the iconic stencils in the sheet to create parade worthy gifts and tablescapes. America themed tableware is a fun addition to holiday mealtimes and can be personalized with names or initials.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1675 Over N Over Stencil-PATRIOTIC
- #60-7024 10.5 inch Round Plate
- #25-4000 Pinstripe Border
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Place the letters for American in the center of the plate beginning with the R and I on either side of the centerline on back and working outward. See the lettering tutorial if necessary.Place All and Dad into their locations around American. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the words onto the glass.
- Place the bell, eagle, star, and USA onto the glass in various locations. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Draw the desired diagonal lines onto the back of the plate in two locations. Lay a strip of pinstripe border on either side of the line. The space between is what will be etched to make the stripe. Lay as many lines of varied thickness as desired in those locations.
- Cover all areas that overlap existing designs and letters securely with masking tape. Use the cream to etch the stripes onto the plate.
- Lay a row of stars under the stripe sections, as pictured, and etch with the cream to add them onto the plate.
Article Posted: 06/17/2019 09:03:08 AM