Birthday Cake Dessert Dish
This large trifle dish is a celebration staple. Make a big bowl of birthday happy with the Happy Birthday Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Use all 15 birthday related stencils in the sheet to create a matching set of bowls, plates and coffee cups for a full birthday bonanza. Design festive birthday vessels filled with flowers or candy for family and friends.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1678 Over N Over Stencil-HAPPY BIRTHDAY
- Trifle Dish
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the cake border stencil around the bottom of the bowl. Place the happy birthday circle stencil near the top of the bowl. Cover all of the stencil except the Happy securely with masking tape. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the dish.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the Birthday part of the happy birthday circle stencil next to the Happy already on the glass, as shown, and securely cover all the other parts of the stencil with tape. Continue the birthday cake border around the bottom of the bowl and use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the dish.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the stars borders around the words and securely cover the unwanted stars with masking tape. Use the etching cream as before to etch some stars around the Happy Birthday.
- Continue the process of adding and etching stars around the Happy Birthday until you have the amount desired.
Article Posted: 12/22/2017 10:57:47 AM