Dad of the West Glass Block
Create this wild west 3D show stopper gift for Dad on Father's Day or his Birthday with the Western Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Sand Etch Kit. The glass is etched on both sides for an enhanced effect to the design. Replace the word Dad with Mom and have a bronco buster gift for her! We used a solid glass block for this design but it would look great on a large mug too.
- #70-9001-Sand Etch Starter Kit
- #21-1633 Over N Over Stencil-WESTERN
- #21-1645 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE MR. & MRS.
- Glass Block
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was sand etched onto the block. Sand etching is the preferred method for glass items with uneven or textured surfaces.
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, place the barbed wire stencil across the back of the block from one corner to another. Follow the sand etch instructions to etch the wire onto the block. Repeat this process until you have all the desired lines of wire onto the back.
- Place the star on the front , in the center of the block. Add the letters for Dad into the middle beginning with the A. Use the sand etch, as before, to etch the star onto the block.
- Place the boot and hat in their opposite corners, as shown, and use the sand etch to add these to the block.
- Place the steer skull and cactus into the remaining corners and use the sand etch again to add them onto the block.
Article Posted: 06/17/2019 09:04:14 AM