Who says a Monogram can't be magical? Embrace your whimsical spirit with this celestial symbol of personality using the Fairytales Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. We used this design to revive a beautiful cobalt blue vase for an upcycle triumph that is just heavenly. Give a magical makeover to a lamp or mirror, make a wine glass for a friend or use it on the jar of a candle for yourself.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1676 Over N Over stencil-FAIRYTALES
- #21-1635 Over N Over stencil- REVERSE LETTERING
- #21-1636 Over N Over stencil-REVERSE NUMBERS
- Square blue vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Place the moon girl stencil to the upper right of the center of the vase, as pictured, and follow the etching cream instructions to etch her onto the vase.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the sparkle border to the lower left of the center of the vase so the circle in the center slightly overlaps with the side of the moon.
- Using masking tape, cover the parts of the sparkle frame that overlap the moon and girl. Cover slightly more than necessary to make a border between them. Press the tape down very securely.
- Place the desired letter into the center of the empty circle and press it down firmly. Use the etching cream as before to etch this onto the glass.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:55:04 PM