This wildlife Dad glass is perfect for the fish and game enthusiast in your life. Replace the word Dad with Mom and make one for her too. Embrace your outdoor wild side with the Wild Things and Water Birds Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets. A combined 16 stencils in the sheets means no more hunting around for great gift ideas or party pieces.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1657 Over N Over Stencil-WILD THINGS
- #21-1683 Over N Over Stencil-WATER BIRDS
- #21-1605 Over N Over Stencil-BUTTERFLY BORDER
- #21-1617 Over N Over Stencil-WEDDING FONT
- #60-3870 16 oz. Drinking Glass
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Begin at the bottom of the glass and place the large flower bushes near the base. Cover the flowers securely with masking tape. Follow the etching cream directions to etch these onto the glass.
- Fill in any unwanted gaps in the plants along the bottom by using the small flower on the border in the space and masking the flower and all other unwanted parts of the stencil. Use the etching cream as before to etch these plants into place.
- Above the plants and to the right, place the fish stencil so it appears to be jumping out of the water. Place a flying duck above the plants and to the left, so it appears to be flying out of the plants. Use the etching cream to etch these onto the glass.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the deer head above and between the duck and fish, as close to them as possible. Use the etching cream and etch the deer into position.
- Looking through the back of the glass, begin with the bottom D of dad and place it as close to the fish and deer as possible. Stack the A and D directly above it to complete the word. Use the etching cream again to etch Dad onto the glass.
Article Posted: 06/17/2019 09:04:51 AM