Shark Bite Monogram
Take a big shark bite out of summer with this fun monogram on a mason mug! Make waves on your own masons with the Sea Creatures Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheet and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Monograms can be the letter for the family name or individualize for each person. Make a summer set for your family or guests at your next BBQ. Personalize and fill with iced tea mixes, fresh fruit, BBQ sauce or any other fun in the sun filling.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1685 Over N Over stencil-SEA CREATURES
- #21-1635 Over N Over stencil-REVERSE LETTERS
- #21-1636 Over N Over stencil-REVERSE NUMBERS
- #60-3863 Mason Jar Mug
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the shark stencil slightly left of center in the design area on the mug. Follow the etching cream directions and etch the shark onto the glass.
- Looking through the back of the glass, place the sawtooth circle frame next to the shark with the tail protruding into the circle. Place the desired letter into the circle where it does not touch the shark tail and press down firmly.
- Cover the shark tail that protrudes into the circle and a little bit around it with masking tape. Press the tape down securely and use the etching cream as before to etch the monogram onto the jar.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:36:10 AM