'Tis the SEAson-Jingle Shells
Be a Stupendous Seaside Santa this Season with these Charming Coastal Christmas Creations made with ocean and Christmas themed Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Put some Jolly in the Holidays for your favorite surfside sand lover with this design full of jingle bells and seashells. Whether it's on a plate or upcycled on a vase, like we made here, this design is sure to make a splash! No beach bather on Santa's Nice List? No problem! There are plenty more designs in the SEAson Collection. Ogle all our Ocean Oriented Originals and fish out your favorite!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1611 Over N Over Stencil-CHRISTMAS
- #21-1658 Over N Over Stencil-UNDER THE SEA
- #21-1634 Over N Over Stencil-SEASHORE
- #60-7023 7.5 inch Plate
- Curvy Glass Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Vase-After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Begin in the middle of the vase by etching 3 large shells and the jingle bells. Place the fan shell and the jingle bells along the centerline , in the middle of the vase, with a gap between them. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Looking through the back, position the remaining 2 large shells on either side of the centerline, between the shell and bells. Use the etching cream, as before, to etcth these onto the vase.
- Looking through the back to position in closely, add small shells, parts of the bells and parts of the wreath around the shells in the middle. Cover any parts of a stencil that overlap into existing etching securely with masking tape . Continue the process of adding and etching until the desired amount is achieved.
- Place the bow at the neck of the vase, above the shells. Use the etching cream again to etch the bow onto the vase.
- Plate-after preparing the glass, draw 2 opposing centerlines down the back to divide the plate into 4 equal parts. See the centerline tutorial, if necessary. Place a jingle bell at the top of the vertical line with the fan shell and bow at the bottom. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the plate.
- On either side of the horizontal line, place a jingle bell and nautilus. Use the etching cream, as before, to add these to the plate. Repeat this process on the opposite end of the line.
- Place matching shells on either side of the plate between the jingle bells. Place matching shells, bow and sea star between the nautilus and fan shell at the bottom of the plate. Use the etching cream again to etch the onto the plate. Repeat the process as necessary to etch all items into the positions shown.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:57:39 PM