To The Moon
I Love You To The Moon! Blast off with this memento of love on a cloud shaped glass iceberg. A charming gift and heirloom for any child. For adults, rocket the design across an upcycled vase or launch it on a wine glass for your beloved. Whomever it is for, the Transportation Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream make the perfect vehicle to deliver your message.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21- 1690 Over N Over stencil- TRANSPORTATION
- #21- 1636 Over N Over stencil- REVERSE NUMBERS
- #21-1679 Over N Over stencil- HIS HERS
- #21-1608 Over N Over stencil- LOWERCASE ALPHABET
- Cloud shaped iceberg
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After Preparing the glass, turn it over and lay the iceberg over the star circle while it is still on the sheet and choose location for the moon. Draw the outline of the moon. Turn the glass over and place the rocket ship into the desired position on the front of the glass.
- Use a tweezer to place "to the" into the rocket ship and press them down firmly. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass. Be careful not to disturb the letters during etching.
- Place the moon stencil over the rocket ship in the location you previously chose. Cover all the moon and stars that overlap the rocket and a little space more around it with masking tape. Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the glass.
- Add the other words to the glass around the rocket and moon. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Use the etching cream again to etch these onto the glass. If more stars are desired, place star sections over the locations and cover everything else with masking tape before etching.
Article Posted: 09/15/2019 11:35:46 AM