Stripes & Roses Candlelight Sip & Snack
Bold and beautiful, this stripes and roses design candlelight sip and snack set is a work of functional art. With the Roses Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils, our Pinstripe Border and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream, simple lines and flowers transform any glassware into a tabletop showstopper. Creative application of the stencils produces a variety of designs that feel brazen yet familiar.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1656 Over N Over Stencil- Roses
- 25-4000 Pinstripe Border
- 28-6512 2 inch Mirror
- 30-2366 Wine Glass
- Square Plate
- Recycled Jar or Mason
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- These designs were etched in stages. The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- Stripes-Lay the pinstripe border horizontally across the plate and the jar. Cut a 5 inch piece of pinstripe border. Fold it in half and cut the folded edge on a curve along the bottom half. Cut the fold and place each piece on the wine glass with a gap in between, as shown. Cut a curving path across the plate, as shown, and remove the stripes inside the path.
- When covering the open gap in the wine glass and the plate, curve the tape along the edges so there is a gap between the tape and the edge of the stripe. This gap will be the etched outline of the space. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the stripes onto the pieces.
- Place the roses over the stripes on the jar. More roses can be added later if desired. Position roses into the open space of the wine glass and plate. Trim the stencils where they overlap each other or etch them in stages. Except for the jar- always cover the open spaces in the stencil design where it overlaps any stripes. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
Article Posted: 02/02/2021 04:17:59 PM