Heart Full of Roses
Refresh and repurpose any vase into something beautiful and new. The Roses, Deco and Berries Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets burst into bloom on the glass with Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Grow some gorgeous on any shape and size then fill it up with seasonal style like lemons or pine cones. Fit etched vases with tops for stunning tabletop containers of nuts, candy and wrapped chocolate. Make beautifully bright centerpieces with flameless candles nestled inside.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1609 Over N Over Stencil-BERRIES
- 21-1610 Over N Over Stencil-ART DECO
- 21-1656 Over N Over Stencil-ROSES
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the vase. See the tutorial on centerlines if necessary. Follow the natural curve of the vase to draw the two sides of the heart so the top and bottom points are on the line.
- Turn the vase around and look through it to see the heart shape. Form the top of the heart with the two curved rose stencils by placing them on opposite sides of the heart template you drew on the other side. Form the bottom point the same way using the large flourish stencil and a branch.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch all of these onto the glass.
- Using the best fitting roses, flowers and leaves, continue the outline of the heart between the top and bottom of the heart. If stencils can't fit in the space at the same time, etch them one at a time.
- Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the glass.
- Fill the empty center with assorted flowers and branches by adding and etching them in stages as space permits.
Article Posted: 06/04/2019 11:02:19 PM