Ultimate Thanksgiving Day Table Setting
Add charm to your Thanksgiving table with etched candle jars from the Give Thanks Over N Over stencil collection. Sprinkle some around the house too. There are enough different Thanksgiving motifs that no two will look alike unless you want them too. Match them up with etched dinnerware and glasses for a very special holiday table.
Please note: These projects were etched with the Made to Order stencils which have been discontinued. we left these projects available to inspire you. For more specific instructions for each project shown, they are displayed separately in the Thanksgiving section.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #12-7032 Designer Series Rub N Etch-Script Letters (or letters of your choice)
- #15-0315 Glass cleaner
- #61-3328 White Rub N Buff (to make the etching stand out more if needed)
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- Depending on your skill level, decide what words you want on your jar. The example has Happy Thanksgiving in a half circle (skill level: experienced). To apply the letters in this manner, tape a paper circle to the glass as a guide. Rub down the letters along the upper edge of the paper guide, following the arch, but do not apply the stencils onto the edge of the paper. If your skill level is a beginner or intermediate level, you can place the letters straight across, one word over the other or use the Thanks pre-made stencil from the stencil sheet. Make sure you overlap the edges of the letters side by side. Fill any gaps with overlapping masking tape.
- Apply masking tape to areas that you do not want etched.
- Apply Armour Etching cream in a patting motion while being sure to follow the directions on the bottle.
- Apply Rub N' Buff over etched regions to add coloring on top, or to make etching more profound.
Article Posted: 03/09/2017 02:05:57 PM