Homage to the late, great Carmen Miranda! That vivacious songbird with fruit on her head, a sparkle in her eyes and a voice that could make a rain cloud smile. This design will transform anything you put it on into a joyous celebration! Dance the fruity fun on your favorites with the Face Elements, Romantic and Tutti-Fruiti Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. We upcycled a tall, curvy vase for this design but just imagine this sensation doing a samba on your Sangria Set.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1686 Over N Over stencil-TUTTI-FRUITI
- #21-1604 Over N Over stencil-FACE ELEMENTS
- #21-1632 Over N Over stencil-MOTHER/FATHER
- Curvy Glass Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, remove two sides of the border edge of a stencil sheet to make the brim of the hat. Place the strip of border edge on an angled curve from under the widest part to the middle of it. Use the second border strip to parallel the first. You will be etching between these lines so the thickness of the brim is up to you. Use more border edge to cap the lines and press all down firmly. Refer to the picture if necessary.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the hat brim onto the vase.
- Place the eye stencil under the brim and the lips in the lower potion of the vase, as pictured. Place a flower at the lower end of the brim and the cherries above it on the far right. Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the vase.
- Looking through the back, place the pears as close as possible above the flower on the brim. Place the apples in the basket above the brim as close to the cherries as possible. Cover all unwanted parts of the stencil securely with masking tape before applying the etching cream to etch the pears and apples onto the vase.
- Continue adding, masking and etching individual fruits and flowers as pictured until the desired amount is achieved.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:50:33 PM