Easter Egg Vase
Egg-straodinary and elegant can be easily achieved with the Flower Border Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. This exquisite glass egg is adorned with a floral twist on the classic combination of stripes and polka dots. Posh your tablescapes for Easter and springtime with some distinguished floral foray onto all your glass.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1603 Over N Over stencil-FLOWER BORDER
- Egg or oval shaped vase
- Tiny, yellow embellishments
- 1 inch wide fancy burgundy ribbon
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, lay the vase down. Measure and draw a centerline round the middle. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Stand the vase back up.
- Choose the floral border or borders you want to use and place it running from the line straight up to the center of the top point. Trim the extra stencil border off and place it next to the one already on the glass if long enough or cover the remainder with masking tape. If using 2 different borders, alternate them with the first so no 2 of the same are side by side. Add desired border stencils until you are out of them.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass. Repeat this process if you wish to add more floral lines to this part of the egg.
- Turn the egg over so the empty area is now on top. Place desired large flower stencils randomly on the top. Use 1 or more flower designs if you wish.
- Follow the etching cream instructions as before to etch the flowers onto the top of the egg. Repeat the process with the large flowers until you have as many flowers on top as you wish.
- Glue a yellow embellishment into the center of each flower before tying the ribbon around the middle.
Article Posted: 01/15/2018 11:35:40 AM