Graduation Photo Rulers
Celebrate and take Measure of your accomplishment with the Cheers Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheet and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Fun and practical, these rulers are perfect for graduations, reunions or team celebrations. Completely customizable for any event or person. Make one for that special athlete, graduate, coach or an entire team!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1688 Over N Over Stencil-CHEERS
- #29-2401 2 x 6 inch Glass Ruler
- Crystal embellishment
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Begin by placing the ruler over the photo to verify the image will fit. Cut out the image with a hobby knife. Turn the ruler over and trace the outline of the image onto the back in the location you want it to be in the finished design.
- Place the stencils on the front of the ruler around the outlined area on the back of the ruler. Leave room under the graduation stencil for the year plaque to be added later. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the ruler.
- Use the hover and press method to center the empty frame under the graduation. Cover the unwanted parts of the frame stencil with masking tape. Add the desired numbers into the frame and press all down firmly. Use the cream as before to etch these onto the ruler.
- When the glass is finished and dry, brush along the edge of the photo with glue. Use the hover and press method to adhere the photo onto the back of the ruler. Glue crystal embellishment onto the front as shown.
Article Posted: 07/31/2019 10:08:09 AM