Happy Easter Suncatcher
Add some springtime sunshine into your Easter celebration with suncatchers and decorations made with our Easter Over N Over Stencil Sheet and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream on our Bevel Edge Ornament Shapes. 8 different Easter themed stencils in the sheet and 14 different bevel edge ornament shapes are enough to create some sunny bunny gifts for everyone at your holiday party.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1651 Over N Over stencil-EASTER
- #21-1645 Over N Over stencil- REVERSE MR MRS
- 29-2432 4 inch Square bevel ornament
- 3 Small embellishments
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- PLEASE NOTE- The banner stencil pictured here has been DISCONTINUED. A substitute stencil sheet with a banner has been listed above.
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the back of the ornament. See the tutorial on centerlines if necessary.
- Use the hover and press method to place the egg centered on the line at the bottom of the square, just above the bevel. Place a flower on an angle at one side of the egg.
- Center the empty banner just under the hole at the top of the square. Using tweezers, put the Happy Easter letters into the banner. Begin with the letters in the center of the phrase and keep adding letters working from the middle outward. Press them down firmly. See the tutorial on lettering if necessary.
- Follow the etching cream directions to etch these onto the square.
- Place the flower on the empty side of the egg at the same angle as the flower already on the glass. Use the etching cream as before to etch the flower onto the square.
- Glue the embellishments to the center of the flowers and the egg bow.
Article Posted: 09/03/2019 03:22:08 AM