Get Personal - Round and Rosy
Round and rosy, this personalized orb of beautiful blooms is made from the Roses Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Get personal and crafty with custom creations for friends and family! Mix and match people, interests, occasions and designs for the ultimate gift tag, ornament and suncatcher in one! Gift win for anyone, at any age, for any occasion! Fun to make and fun to give.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1656 Over N Over Stencils-ROSES
- #21-1645 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE MR. & MRS.
- #29-2611 Thin Bevel Circle
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Place the large open frame in the center of the circle and cover all other parts of the stencil securely with masking tape. Place the desired letters into the frame beginning with the letters in the middle first. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Press all down firmly and follow the etching cream directions to etch the name onto the circle.
- Turn the circle over and use the hover and press method to wrap the roses as close to the name as possible. Use the etching cream as before to etch the roses onto the glass.
- Repeat the process of adding and etching roses around the circle until the desired look is achieved.
Article Posted: 11/04/2019 02:05:17 PM