Love and Roses
What could be more beautiful than the romantic duo of Love and Roses? In this design, Celtic eternity hearts are encircled with long stem roses and a few shamrocks for luck. Make a Shannon rose design full of luck and love with the Celtic and Roses Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1656 Over N Over stencil- ROSES
- 21-1673 Over N Over stencil- CELTIC
- 10.5 inch Round plate
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit. Having 2 sheets of the Celtic stencils, like we did,streamlines the process.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders. The technique is done by placing the stencil sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in the air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, draw a centerline down the front of the plate. You will be etching on the back of this piece. See the tutorial on cernterlines if necessary. Turn the plate over and on the back, place 2 of the same heart, point end to point end, on opposite sides of the line in the center of the plate. On the rim, place a large infinity heart on the right side of the line and another on the left at the opposite end. Place the curved roses on either side of the infinity heart as pictured.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Use the hover and press method to place 2 hearts into the empty spaces between the hearts in the center of the plate to make the shamrock shape. Put the curved roses on either side of the other infinity heart on the rim. Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the glass.
- Between the stem ends of the roses on the rim, place a shamrock in both locations. Hover and press to nestle the small roses and buds between the hearts in the center of the plate. Use the etching cream to etch these onto the glass.
- Etch small shamrocks from the shamrock border on either side of the large ones by covering unwanted extras with masking tape or cutting the stencil and placing them all at once. Use the etching cream to etch these into place and finish the design.
Article Posted: 06/04/2019 11:04:19 PM