Mothers Day Card
Give mom all the sentiment of the construction paper and crayon cards from the past in a beautiful new presentation with this handmade Mother's Day Keepsake card. Besides being full of love and well wishes, this card features a custom etched memento that can be worn or hung long after the holiday. Mix and match paper patterns, colors and stencils to create a personal gift that reflects her personality and what she means to you.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1632 Over N Over Stencil-MOTHER FATHER
- #21-1621 Over N Over Stencil-SCRIPT ALPHABET
- #28-6521 2 inch Oval Mirror
- Assorted Cardstock and Scrapbooking Paper
- Tiny Flower, Bow and Crystal Embellishments
- Thin ribbon
- Sturdy .75 inch Pin Back
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- After preparing the glass, place the Happy Mother's Day stencil in the lower half of the oval with the flower centered above it. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the mirror.
- Trace the oval on 2 different papers. Cut the first .25 inch larger than the oval and the second .5 larger than the oval. Scallop both oval edges. Glue the ribbon along the outer edge of the mirror. Glue the smaller scalloped oval onto the larger and press in a book to keep flat while drying.
- Once dry, glue the mirror in the center of the paper ovals. Attach the pin back to the upper part of the oval in the back and the flowers, bows and crystal embellishments to the outer edge of the mirror as shown.
- Fold and layer card stocks and scrapbooking papers to create the card. Cut a narrow slot in the front of the card and press the pin back on the embellished mirror through to attach it to the card.
Article Posted: 05/12/2017 10:07:12 AM