Craft some generational male bonding with these personalized Dad and Grandpa glass cans. Family designs of the paternal kind are simple with the Mother Father and Repeating Patterns Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Use all 20 of the stencils of parental endearment in the Mother Father sheet to create pieces about your love for them year-round.
- 21-0500 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1632 Over N Over Stencils- MOTHER FATHER
- 21-1710 Over N Over Stencils-REPEATING PATTERNS
- 60-7034 16 oz. Glass Can (2)
- Dark Nail Polish
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit. It also allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders. The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- This design also uses an embedding technique which allows one stencil image to be placed inside another.
- After preparing the glass, while it is still on the sheet, lay the can over the pattern stencil you intend to use later. Maneuver the can so the stencil is in the position you want to etch it in. Place the name stencil on the front of the can in the location you want it to be in on the stencil underneath.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the name onto the can.
- Thoroughly clean the design area. Carefully paint the nail polish, not too thick, over and a little wider than, the name on the glass.
- Lay the patterned stencil you want to use sticky side up on a clean, flat surface. Looking through the back of the can, use the hover and press method to position the patterned stencil on top of and centered around the name on front.
- Use the etching cream, as before, to etch the design around the name on the can. After rinsing off the cream and removing the stencil, use nail polish remover to clean any polish remnants off the glass.
Article Posted: 04/18/2022 07:38:12 PM