These enchanting, rounded glass pieces etch with Irish themed designs make sparkling additions to the tablescape thanks to the Celtic Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Cabochons, frequently used in jewelry, are simple to craft with and fun to use. Play with themes and etch pieces in coordinated pairs like dogs and cats, bees and honey or Mr. and Mrs. to make unique game pieces. Etched cabochons are also fun additions to beaded curtains, hurricane vases with candles, made into keychains, or attached to other surfaces as fancy bits of bling.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1673 Over N Over Stencil-CELTIC
- 32 mm Clear Glass Cabochons
- 61-2529 White Gold Metallic Wax (Optional)
- Gold Glitter Nail Polish (Optional)
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders. The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, use the hover and press method to secure the stencil to the flat side of the cabochons.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch the designs onto the glass.
- OPTIONAL - After thoroughly cleaning off the glass, follow the instructions to rub wax into the etching.
- OPTIONAL - Paint the flat backs of non-etched cabochons with gold glitter nail polish.
Article Posted: 04/11/2023 01:45:48 PM