Pot O Gold St Patrick s Day Ornament
Grace your home with luck and fun using the Irish Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream on our ball ornaments. Green hanging ball ornaments are beautiful and unexpected decoration pieces for St. Patrick's Day. Hang on indoor trees and off chandeliers, fill hurricanes and vases, put in cupcake towers, incorporate into garlands, float them from ceiling hooks on strings or display them on stands. Change the paint color and stencil sheet to suit the occasion.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1631 Over N Over stencil- IRISH
- #29-2532 70 mm Round ornaments
- #29-2541 7 inch Ornament stand.
- Green acrylic paint
- Plastic cup
- Silver art wax
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- Remove the hang top from the ball and pour the paint into the ball. Tip and turn the ball to coat the inside. Turn the ball upside down in the plastic cup and let the excess paint drain out.
- When the ball is dry inside, clean the outside and place the pot of gold stencil in the center of the ball. Place a small shamrock on the border stencil into position around the pot and cover the other shamrocks with masking tape. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- After cleaning the ball, use the same masking technique with the border stencil to etch individual shamrocks in random locations. Use the ecthing cream as before, between each addition until you have the desired number of shamrocks on the piece.
- Follow the instructions on the wax to rub the silver into the etching. Put the hang top back on the ball and hang it on the stand.
Article Posted: 01/15/2018 10:26:39 AM