Get Personal - Butterfly Garden
Get personal with custom creations for anyone with our Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream on any of our 17 different ornament shapes. Here we used the Butterfly Garden Stencils on a Bevel Edge Circle. Fun to make and fun to give, these are universally appropriate for every age, ethnicity and gender. Mix and match interests, occasions and designs to create a special artistic piece with a variety of uses. A gift tag, ornament, sun catcher, vase hanger and more. Leave them plain or dress them up with metallic waxes and sparkly embellishments.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1645 Over N Over stencil-REVERSE MR & MRS
- #21-1605 Over N Over stencil-BUTTERFLY BORDER
- #29-2611 THIN BEVEL CIRCLE
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the empty banner in the center of the circle. Place the letters in the banner beginning with the ones in the middle and working out. See the lettering tutorial if necessary.
- Add the small plant stencil to an area on the bottom where it does not intrude on the name banner. Add a small butterfly above the name by placing one from the border stencil and covering all the others with masking tape.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass. Continue adding butterflies and plants in stages, etching with the cream in between additions. Mask any unwanted stencils or stencil features as before.
Article Posted: 11/04/2019 08:14:20 PM