Me & My Dragonfly Monogram
Me and My Dragonfly Monogram is a nostalgic symbol of summer. We used a coaster for this design but you can personalize any of your summer favorites with this sweet remembrance of summer breezes and dragonflies with the Garden Friends Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Don't let the word coaster fool you. These snazzy glass squares pack quite a punch of possibilities. Spoon rest, candle stand, trivet, individual cheese plate, a place for your Iced Tea AND the lemon wedge, the list can go on and on. Easy to make and easy to use!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1672 Over N Over stencil-GARDEN FRIENDS
- #21-1635 Over N Over stencil-REVERSE LETTERING
- #60-3909 Square coaster set
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design used the hover and press method to place stencil images in spots where the necessary view is obscured by stencil borders.The technique is done by placing stencils sticky side up, holding the glass over the stencil and maneuvering it in air before pressing it down onto the stencil.
- After preparing the glass, turn the coaster upside down and lay on the scallop edge oval on the reverse lettering sheet. Move the coaster until the oval is in the center and then trace it on the coaster.
- Use the hover and press method to place the large dragonfly stencils into position around the oval. The dragonflies can protrude into the oval as little or much as you want. If the dragonfly stencils are protruding into each other's design space, trim the stencils or etch individually.
- Follow the etching cream directions to etch the dragonflies onto the coaster.
- Place the oval into the position on the top side of the coaster where previously drawn. With tweezers, place the chosen monogram letter into the oval. Do not let the letter touch any of the dragonfly parts already etched on the glass. Press down firmly.
- Cover any dragonfly parts in the oval with masking tape. Cut the tape a little larger than the parts it is covering. Press the tape down firmly. Use the etching cream as before to etch the monogram oval onto the coaster.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:39:54 AM