Ocean Potion Summertini Set - Beach Bum
Serious sun and sand are in the plan with the Beach Bum martini glass design! (glass on the right) Take your summer party to the next level with this beachy keen seaside scene. Use the Seashore, Under the Sea and Paradise Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream to rock your reef. Set sail with this tidal wave of 29 beach and ocean themed stencils! Drape your drinks in dazzle from the deep with all the designs in the Ocean Potion Summertini Set - Beach Bum, Ocean Commotion, Shell-a-Rella, and Double Deep!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1634 Over N Over stencil- SEASHORE
- #21-1658 Over N Over stencil- UNDER THE SEA
- #21-1665 Over N Over stencil- PARADISE
- Martini Glass
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows you to use a particular stencil image, like this , multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. It also allows stencil images in the design to be in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, draw 2 lines to divide the bowl into 4 equal parts. This prevents crowing of elements or gaps in the design. See the tutorial on centerlines if necessary.
- Turn the glass upside down. You will be etching on the outside of the martini bowl. Place the palm tree stencils centered along opposite lines with the bottom of the trees as close to the stem as possible.Turn the glass right side up and place the flip flop stencils on the base of the glass.
- Follow the etching cream instructions and etch these onto the glass.
- Turn the glass upside down again and place the lighthouse stencil in the larger of the two open spaces. Arrange the beach chair and cloud in the remaining location. Turn the glass right side up and place the seashell and sea star on the base of the glass. Look through the bottom of the base to prevent any unwanted overlap of these with the flip flops.
- Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the glass.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:31:21 AM