Ocean Potion Summertini Set- Double Deep
The Double Deep martini glass design takes your party style down to the depths of fiercely fashionable! Artistically alluring, it achieves a multidimensional look from etching both sides of the glass. Use the Paradise and Under the Sea Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets with our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream to rock your reef. Set sail with this tidal wave of 25 beach and ocean themed stencils! Drape those drinks in dazzle from the deep with all the designs in the Ocean Potion Summertini Set - Beach Bum, Ocean Commotion, Shell-a-Rella, and Double Deep!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1665 Over N Over stencil- PARADISE
- #21-1658 Over N Over stencil- UNDER THE SEA
- #21-1625 Over N Over stencil- SPARKLE BORDERS
- Martini glass
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows you to use a particular stencil image, like this , multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. It also allows stencil images in the design to be in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- A masking technique ,which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations and a dimensional effect technique were also used.
- After preparing the glass, place the snorkeler, shark, mermaid, small seahorse and tiny fish stencils randomly around the inside of the martini bowl. On the base of the glass, place the shells opposite each other as pictured.
- Follow the etching cream instructions and etch these onto the glass.
- Turn the glass upside down. Stencil images on the outside of the bowl can and should have overlap with the items previously etched on the inside of the bowl. On the outside of the bowl, wrap the part closest to the stem with your favorite part of the coral reef border. Tape the rest of the stencil out of the way, along the stem. Place little fish stencils in random locations. Use the border stencil with the circles to create bubbles by placing sections in mostly empty spaces. The border can be cut to use multiple parts at once or unwanted sections can be covered with masking tape during etching.
- Turn the glass right side up and place the anchor and sea star opposite each other in the empty spaces on the base of the glass. Look through the bottom of the base for unwanted overlap of designs. Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the glass.
- Continue adding bubbles and little fish onto the outside of the bowl until you have achieved the desired look.
Article Posted: 09/07/2019 11:55:30 AM