Ocean Potion Summertini Set - Ocean Commotion
Let this party down below get your good times in motion! Flow along with these guys in their Ocean Commotion! Take your summer party to the next level with this deep sea ensemble! Use the Seashore, Under the Sea and Sea Creatures Over N Over Glass Etching Stencil Sheets and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream to rock your reef. Set sail on a tidal wave of 22 beach and ocean themed stencils. Dive into aquatic adventure and make all the designs in the Ocean Potion Summertini Set - Beach Bum, Ocean Commotion, Shell-a-Rella, and Double Deep to drape your drinks in some dazzle from the deep.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1634 Over N Over stencil- SEASHORE
- #21-1658 Over N Over stencil- UNDER THE SEA
- #21-1625 Over N Over stencil- SPARKLE BORDERS
- #21-1685 Over N Over stencil- SEA CREATURES
- Martini glass
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows you to use a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. It also allows stencil images in the design to be in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, draw an approximate centerline to roughly divide the bowl of the martini glass into two parts. This is just to prevent the bunching up of design elements. See the tutorial on centerlines if necessary.
- Turn the glass upside down. You will be etching on the outside surface. On one half of the glass, place the octopus and sea turtle. Get these as close to the stem as possible. If the stencils intrude into the other's design, move them, trim them with scissors or etch them one at a time.
- Turn the glass right side up and place a dolphin on the base of the glass. Follow the etching cream instructions and etch these three onto the glass.
- Turn the glass upside down again and add the squid, ray and both seahorses in various locations in the empty side of the glass. Not all of these can be etched together. Once you have a placement you like, begin with one or two that do not intrude on each other. Add the remaining later, just after etching these.
- Turn the glass right side up and position the dolphin on the base in the empty space opposite the first dolphin. Look through the bottom of the base for unwanted overlap of the dolphins. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Turn the glass upside down again. Wrap the very bottom of the bowl next to the stem with the coral reef stencil. Tape the rest out of the way on the stem. If there are any animals still to be added, etch them with the cream now. Otherwise, make bubbles. Use the border stencil with the circles to create bubbles by placing sections in empty spaces between the animals. The border can be cut to use multiple parts at once or unwanted sections can be covered with masking tape.
- Use the etching cream as before to etch these onto the glass. Continue etching bubbles until the desired amount is achieved.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:31:58 AM