Western Candles and Vase
Rustle up some old beer bottles and turn them into candlesticks and a vase with the Western Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Perfect for a cowpoke picnic or a romantic night on the range. Use all 8 of the western themed stencils in the sheet for some barn busting design at your next holiday hoedown.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1633 Over N Over Stencil-WESTERN
- #21-1635 Over N Over Stencil-REVERSE LETTERS
- #77-7721 Bottle Cutter
- 2 16 oz Brown Beer Bottles
- 1 36 oz. Brown Beer Bottle
- Gold and Silver Rub N Buff
- 3 Large Crystal Embellishments
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- Follow the bottle cutter directions to cut the top off the 36 oz bottle. Follow the directions to smooth the cut edge.
- Place the steer head in the middle of a 16 oz and the star with initials inside on the neck. Position a cactus in the middle of the 36 oz. Lay the barbed wire 1 inch up from the bottom of the bottle. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the bottles.
- Place the steer head in the middle of the second bottle and the star with the initials inside. Position the barbed wire 1 inch above the bottom of the bottle. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the bottle.
- Repeat the process of adding and etching the barbed wire to the bottles until the desired amount is achieved.
- Put the glue around the bottom of the bottles bellow the barbed wire and wrap the twine around the bottle in it. Repeat this process around the bottom of the 16 oz. necks and the top of the cut bottle.
- Follow the Rub N Buff instructions to fill in the star with gold wax and the bottom half with silver. Glue a crystal, as shown, onto the bottles.
Article Posted: 03/02/2018 10:50:47 AM