Man in the Moon
Have some fun among the stars with this Man in the Moon etched crescent.
Create your own lunar friend with both of the Face Elements Stencil Sheets, a Crescent Moon Glass Shape and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. The 26 facial features and accessory options make customization easy. Personalize a moon man for every member of the family or guest at your next celebration.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1604 Over N Over Stencil-FACE ELEMENTS
- 21-1642 Over N Over Stencil-FACE ELEMENTS 2
- 29-2525 Crescent Moon Glass Shape
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- After preparing the glass, position the eye stencil toward the outer edge of the crescent, about halfway up the moon. Place the nose adjacent to the eye with only one side on the glass. Wrap the unused portion of the stencil around the edge of the glass and onto the back.
Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the moon.
Place half of the mustache under the nose already on the glass. Position the hat at the top of the moon so most of it is on the glass. Wrap the unused portion of the stencil around the edge of the glass and onto the back. Tape over the entire back area of the moon to prevent accidental etching.
Use the etching cream, as before, to etch the design onto the glass.
- This design was etched in stages. The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
Article Posted: 11/22/2021 12:16:56 AM