Sea Star Platter & Vase
Set a tablescape reminiscent of the high court of Atlantis with etched Sea Star serving platters and vases of ocean blue. Deep sea splendor can be yours in waves with this collection of nautical themed stencils and our Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. Explore advanced artistic motifs and design with themed stencil collections of all types. Richly detailed patterns and shapes add depth and intrigue to even the plainest of pieces.
- 15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- 21-1634 Over N Over Stencil-SEASHORE
- 21-1665 Over N Over Stencil-PARADISE
- 21-1658 Over N Over Stencil-UNDER THE SEA
- 21-1683 Over N Over Stencil- WATER BIRDS
- 21-1685 Over N Over Stencil- SEA CREATURES
- Blue Glass Serving Dish
- Blue Glass Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- Using a ruler or tape measure, find the centerline of the dish and mark it on the edges with masking tape. Measure across and down from top of the line to set the other 4 points of the star. Mark them on the glass with a china pencil or piece of tape.
- Vase- for a small star of only 6 stencils, begin by etching the center stencil first. Position the desired stencil in the middle of the 5 points. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch it onto the vase.
- Remark the points if necessary. Position the remaining 5 stencils into their point locations. If the stencils protrude into each others design space, etch as many as fit at one time. Continue adding and etching until the star is complete.
- Platter- Choose 5 stencils to be the points of the star and 1 that you want for the center. Position each in their desired location and follow the etching cream instructions to etch them onto the platter.
- Select 5 more stencils to continue the line from the images on the points toward the center. Stencils with wider design images than the points work best. Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the platter.
- Continue adding and etching stencil images into the shape to fill out the star pattern.
Article Posted: 08/04/2021 01:47:05 PM